Why “Time is Brain”?
After a stroke, time lost is brain lost
- Stroke is a major pandemic of 21st century
- 15 million people suffer stroke worldwide each year
- Acute ischemic stroke (AIS): second leading cause of death and the first cause of disability worldwide
- Up to 50% of patients remain seriously disabled despite undergoing gold standard treatments as intravenous thrombolysis and/or mechanical thrombectomy (MT)
- “Time is brain” arises from the experience of dealing with the dramatic consequences of AIS for patients and their relatives. Our mission is to provide new tools for improving diagnostics, treatment and prognosis of patients suffering AIS